What Are Indoor Air Quality Monitors?
According to research, 96% of homes and businesses have at least one indoor air pollutant. Activities like cooking, showering, washing dishes, and smoking ruin indoor air quality. Cleaning supplies, sprays and aerosols are also the root causes of bad air quality. In that regard, you need air quality monitors to determine the level of contaminants in the atmosphere. Once you establish the pollutants, you can turn to us at Hunter's Air & Heat, Inc. for help. Our specialists will come up with sustainable solutions to get rid of the polluted air. Here’s what you need to know about indoor air quality monitors.
What Are Indoor Air Quality Monitors?
Indoor air quality monitors measure the levels of common pollutants in the atmosphere. The devices also track the air conditions in your residence. Air quality monitors have sensors to detect the smallest particulate matter. They can give you readings of contaminants smaller than one micron. The gadgets are precise enough to alert you to the pollutants in your indoor environment. They work by sensing unhealthy levels of toxic gases or particulate matter and warn you if they are dangerous. Indoor air quality monitors come in various models with different specifications.
Common Pollutants That Indoor Air Quality Monitors Detect
The type of indoor air quality monitor that you buy depends on your needs. It also relies on your lifestyle and the activities that you do in your home. Here are common air pollutants that the device can measure.
- Temperature and humidity: High temperatures and humidity affect your indoor comfort by a large margin. Besides that, high moisture content attracts mildew and mold growth in your house. The biological spores are harmful to your health and cause structural damage as well. An air quality monitor will sense the high humidity and temperature so that you can take action.
- Carbon dioxide: Low levels of carbon dioxide can affect decision-making and brain function in general. Similarly, high carbon dioxide levels cause a lot of discomforts. The root cause of CO2 inside your residence is your respiratory function. We breathe out carbon dioxide, and if there is poor ventilation, the gas lingers in the air. Air quality monitors come with CO2 sensors for your benefit.
- Radon: According to the EPA, radon causes lung cancer in many people. The gas occurs naturally and is odorless, making it dangerous. It is also colorless, meaning you cannot see it with the naked eye. Radon is present in water, soil, and rocks. The good news is that an indoor air quality monitor can detect it without hassle.
- Carbon monoxide: High carbon monoxide levels in your home are life-threatening and fatal. The source of the colorless and odorless gas is fuel-burning appliances. The gas causes severe reactions, memory loss, and confusion, even in low concentration. Your indoor air quality monitor will sense the carbon monoxide levels and alert you.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs): VOCs are gases that emanate from various materials. They have a ripple effect on your health. Volatile organic compounds are higher in your indoor space than outside. The gases come from paints, sprays, cleaning fluids, cosmetics, and disinfectants. Burning wood also contributes to VOCs. Air quality monitors can measure VOCs in the atmosphere.
- Particulate matter: Particulate matter, also known as PM, includes smoke, pet dander, dust, and pollen. Exposure to PM irritates your eyes, lungs, nose, and throat. Typically, you will experience allergy-like symptoms. Also, you will have breathing difficulties. Particulate matter aggravates asthma and causes heart disease, too.
Why You Need to Invest in Air Quality Monitors
If you have allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues, indoor air quality is crucial. You can measure the air from the comfort of your home to see if it’s free of pollutants. If there are pollutants in your indoor air, we will install air filters or purifiers to eliminate them.
An indoor air quality monitor guarantees you safety and comfort at home. It will sense toxic gases that cause discomfort or gases that can start a fire as well. Your family will be secure from these dangerous gases. You deserve an indoor space that has clean and fresh air. With the best air quality, you can sleep soundly at night.
Indoor air quality monitors are essential in detecting pollutants and notifying you. At Hunter's Air & Heat, Inc. in Boling-Iago, TX, we offer top-notch products that are durable. We also provide exceptional heating and cooling services, including repairs, installation, and maintenance. Contact us today for more information.Tags: IAQ, Monitors